The Administrative Assistant for the Office of Minority Affairs provides administrative support and assists in coordinating the diversity initiatives for the State Bar of Texas. Responsibilities include general office management, data entry, conference registration, meeting planning and catering coordination, social media promotion, and other program production duties. This position works under the general supervision of the department director and involves frequent contact with State Bar departments, committees, volunteers, and the public.
1. Handles all general office inquiries and correspondence related to the department.
2. Provides prompt and superior customer service via email and phone.
3. Schedules and sends notices of meetings, tracks attendance, arranges catering, and prepares materials for distribution.
4. Processes and maintains records of conference registrations, sponsorships, receipts, and refunds. Tracks information about financial contributions of sponsors and sponsor benefits.
5. Provides and prepares content for social media postings.
6. Reviews the department’s websites and ensures information is updated.
7. Prepares and files volunteer reimbursement requests.
8. Proofreads and suggests edits to publicity pieces including brochures, e-mail blasts, and newsletters.
9. Travels occasionally to programs to provide customer service and assist with registration.
10. Performs research assignments as needed.
11. Performs other responsibilities as required.
High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three years of administrative experience in an office setting required. Must be organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to take initiative, assume responsibility, prioritize, and handle a number of ongoing tasks under deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Occasional travel required. Must be able to pack and lift 25 lbs. (boxes and materials).