Performs a variety of complex work in planning, development and implementation of projects and programs for local bar services. The position involves frequent high-level contact with State Bar of Texas officers and directors, other departments, the public and other organizations outside of the State Bar.
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of projects and initiatives designed to continue and improve the relationship between the State Bar and local bar associations across the state.
2. Coordinates and assists with State Bar leadership involvement with local bars.
3. Facilitate the usage of State Bar resources by local bar associations.
4. Responsible for the Bar Leaders Conference: coordination of program, speakers, accommodations, printing, travel, conference set-up and processing invoices.
5. Responsible for Law Day: statewide contest, Law Center celebration.
6. Responsible for Stars of Texas Bars Awards Judging.
7. Staff liaison to the Local Bar Services Committee.
8. Oversees fiscal administration of projects and programs.
9. Generates, composes, edits and prepares letters, newsletters, brochures, reports, correspondence and other documents for promotion and marketing plans.
10. Performs other responsibilities as required.
A minimum of 5 years of related work experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must have a professional demeanor with excellent creative writing and editing skills. Ability to give effective presentations before small and large groups. Must be able to work with strict time deadlines, multiple activities and demanding situations. Must be diplomatic and enthusiastic in coordinating with State Bar leadership, staff and the public. Operate personal computers at a high level of proficiency in MS Office applications, Word, Excel, iMis, Salesforce and PowerPoint and to include presentation equipment. Some travel, evening and weekend work required.