Manage, coordinate and perform the activities related to the maintenance of the Texas Law Center and the contents related to the mechanical functioning, including the grounds. Keep all mechanical systems in working order and operating within applicable safety and fire regulations, as well as federal, state and local building codes. Ensure the Texas Law Center, including the grounds, provides a safe, comfortable environment for members, visitors, staff and the public.
1. Manage the building operations, security and janitorial staff of The Texas Law Center.
2. Plan, coordinate and manage facility vendor activities and staff to ensure contract compliance.
3. Manage the Help Desk work request system to ensure timely response to work requests, as well as the tracking and reporting of building operations staff.
4. Maintains and updates procedure manuals for department and building-wide systems.
5. Maintains records, files and data related to contracts, projects and budget.
6. Manage, coordinate and train the First Responder volunteers.
7. Generate and maintain department budget and reports all expenditures.
8. Maintain security, safety and HVAC control systems and coordinate vendor related activities with systems.
9. Plan, direct and coordinate set-ups for meetings, special events, and conferences.
10. Manage the logistical concerns of moving all materials, including merchandise, board materials and signage from the Texas Law Center to the SBOT Annual Meeting and other large, bar-wide meetings
11. Assists regional offices with building facilities issues as needed
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree preferred. Requires a minimum of four years of related work experience. Requires excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have a courteous, professional demeanor and work well with variety of individuals. Requires a working knowledge of personal computers and related software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and office equipment with the ability to learn new applications.